Hi Everyone!! I often get asked how to know if you are wearing too many crystals, if they cancel each other out and what are bad crystal combinations?! This blog post was born to address that and how to ensure you have more powerful crystal combinations.
Crystals that Don’t Work Together:
I believe that with the right intention all crystals can work together.
I also believe that there are some crystals that don’t work well if you are particularly emotional or sad. In this instance, I wouldn’t recommend the following crystals:
- Malachite because it is a powerful crystal that is also known to amplify all kinds of energy so it can leave you feeling lower in the dumps. It is said to make the highs very high and the lows very low.
- Clear quartz as it is an amplifier. You may find yourself feeling lower because it is amplifying your low energy.
- Cooler colored, light blue stones because these crystals can bring energy down instead of energising. If you’re feeling down, the last thing you want is to feel more down.
This can differ for many people so it isn’t set in stone. Many people find that clear quartz boosts their energy and makes them happy even if they are feeling low. The same can be said for malachite as well as many other stones!
It’s important to take note of how your crystal make you feel and how they impact your mood! This can also extend to the crystals you wear or carry with you.
Powerful Crystal Combinations when Wearing Crystals:
If you are wearing too many for your energetic body, you will know. When you will feel off, uncomfortable, sluggish and that something is not working, then it is possible that you are wearing too many crystals.
I know it’s “on fleek” to nicely layer 6 crystal necklaces around your neck or carry that many around with you. I’ve been there too! When you do this, sometimes you can feel as if you’re carrying bricks around and that can be a bad crystal combination. Take note and you can easily change this by wearing a few less crystals to see which are effecting you negatively.
You can definitely wear or carry powerful crystal combinations, but it doesn’t mean you need to have a huge amount of them.
Working out Powerful Crystal Combinations:
Something important to take into consideration with your crystals is as HibiscusMoon says: “You’ve got to ask yourself what are you trying to achieve here?”
Her example is fantastic: Carnelian boosts energy whereas Blue Lace Agate calms energy down so they would cancel each other out because it sends a confused signal out into the Universe, i.e. you don’t know if you want to boost or calm the energy.
The above crystal combination is pointless unless you have a specific intention behind the combination, e.g. carnelian to boost creative energy and blue lace agate to promote better communication. That’s why intention is very important for powerful crystal combinations.
General Guideline for Energizing and Calming Crystals:
When you are working out what you want to achieve with your crystal/s, it can be helpful to know whether your crystal has more of a energising or calming energy. It can get a little tricky, but there is a general guideline that you can follow when it comes to the colors:
- Warmer colors like red, orange as well as yellow boost and energise. They are motivating colors. These sorts of color shades want to accelerate as well as make you want to move, get going and light the fire.
- Green will balance because it’s in between warm and cool. It can also be relatively soothing.
- Cooler colors like light blue, indigo and violet will be more calming and soothing. These shades of colors call for peace and slowing down.
General Guidelines to Energize or Balance the Chakras:
Colors can also complement your chakras. This is helpful if you want to put together a powerful crystal combination that focuses on specific chakras.
Not every person will to need to energise their chakras and sometimes our chakra is chaotic so it’s more beneficial to cool down that excess energy.
If you want to energise your chakras, here is a general guideline (which we all know):
- Red stones for the root chakra.
- Orange stones for the sacral chakra.
- Yellow stones for the solar plexus chakra.
- Green stones for the heart chakra.
- Light blue stones for the throat chakra.
- Indigo stones for the third eye chakra.
- Purple stones for the crown chakra.
If you wanted to calm energy and provide more balance because it was too active, here’s a general guideline:
- Green stones for the root chakra like green aventurine.
- Light blue stones for the sacral chakra like blue lace agate.
- Purple stones for the solar plexus like amethyst.
- Red stones for the heart chakra like red jasper. I also feel that pink stones like rose quartz will calm the energy.
- Orange stones for the throat chakra like sunstone.
- Yellow or orange stones for the third eye chakra like carnelian or citrine. Dare I say that heat treated citrine would work well for this in my opinion.
- Yellow for the crown chakra like citrine.
In conclusion, intention plays a big part when it comes to crystals. Being more familiar with energising or calming energy, could help you form your intention and work on combinations for your chakras if desired. Lastly, you don’t need to use, carry or wear a numerous amount of crystals for it to be a good, powerful combination.
To complement crystal combinations, if you want to learn more about intentions and how to tailor that with crystals you want to combine, read this post: Crystal Combinations 2.0 and Our Intentions
Next week, I’ll be talking about assessing your chakras to know whether it is balanced, has deficient energy or excess energy.
Also published on Medium.