A lot of people talk about grounding and today’s post is dedicated to how to ground with crystals . Crystals can support you and help you to deeply connect with the earth in order to ground.
On a spiritual journey, it’s easy to keep your head in the clouds. It’s a lot of fun up, but we often forget that we’re a physical human having a physical experience on this planet.
Grounding helps us to feel more balanced, present, focused and sometimes even more relaxed, depending on what’s going in your life, it’s not a magic pill. I personally find that when I’m more grounding, I have better focus through my day, instead of wandering off on a regular basis during tasks.
If you’re keen to read more about grounding, here’s an article that goes more in-depth: Grounding the Human Body: The Healing Benefits of Earthing
Crystals for Grounding
My favorite stones for grounding is Black Tourmaline and Smokey Quartz (Smoky Quartz). These two work for me and I need to have them in nice, bigger, natural chunks.
If these didn’t appeal to you, here are more suggestions for grounding crystals:
- Petrified Wood
- Picture or Red Jasper (I like Picture Jasper because it looks like sand so a good connection for earth)
How to Ground (A Short Exercise)
If you’re keen to do some grounding, here is a short exercise you can do with your chosen grounding crystal:
- Put your feet on the ground or sit on the ground if you can.
- Sit and listen to all the sounds around you outside. Simply observe. Your mind WILL wander, it’s normal and every time it does, bring your focus to your breath. Come back to deep inhales and slow exhales as often as you need to when your mind wanders.
- Hold a grounding stone in your hands or place it in front of your legs if you’re sitting crossed legs. Now tap into the stone’s energy. Try and feel the deep, slow throbs of rock filled with dense, grounding energy. If you don’t feel anything, that’s fine.
- Remember to focus on your breathing if you wander with the thought clouds.
- Now imagine roots coming down from your Root Chakra (at the base of your spine), your feet or from your lower body if sitting cross legged. See those roots traveling deep into the earth, so deep that it connect to the center of the earth.
- See your roots connecting to the center of the earth.
- Feel that connection and feel your body ground. Often you’ll experience a sensation of your shoulders plugging down and you feel centered.
- Repeat an affirmation: “I am here, I am rooted and connected to the Earth, I am grounded.”
- Remember to breathe in deeply and exhale slowly.
- You can sit here for as long as you’d like and when you’re ready, bring yourself back to the present.
- Tap your feet onto the ground when you’re back.
Grounding Crystals can help you feel more centered and focused in your daily activities. They can serve as a touch stone to catch your breath and come back to the present whenever you need it. If you’re unsure of how to ground with crystals, save this exercise and return to it as often as you need.