We welcome in the energies of the October 2023 Mandala along with its guidance to serve us on our journey.
October 2023 Mandala, Energy & Affirmation
October 2023 Mandala of the Month, with the affirmation of “Put perfectionism on the shelf and go do it“.
October’s mandala was born out of procrastination when I realised that I had been putting off sending some things because I was overly concerned about it not being good. After sitting down and thinking about what was going on and why I was putting this off, this hit me like a ton of bricks about perfectionism. I knew this is what October’s mandala would carry.
Sometimes we want things to be absolutely perfect and exactly how we imagine it in our minds. Anything less than that is simply unacceptable. When I cannot achieve that, then I tend to put it off because “I’ll get there tomorrow… or whenever”, or I’ll decline because “my stuff isn’t as perfect as everyone else’s”
Things rarely turn out the way we want them to and more often than not, they’re not perfect at all. When last did you set out to do something and it was 110% perfect? Can you say without a doubt it was perfect? I know I definitely cant.
We all want things to be perfect. I think that’s just part of the human experience, but there will be times where you have to say “fuck it” to this perfectionism and put it on the shelf. You need to take the risk, you need to do the thing. YOU DESERVE THAT, and to hell with how it comes out. If it’s not perfect, I know you’re going to learn something, you’re going to grow, and if you let go a little, you may just enjoy the journey.
October 2023 Mandala Journal Prompts…
- Am I letting my perfectionism stop me from trying this or doing that?
- In what ways can I let go of perfectionism in order to experience this?
- How do I feel about trying new things and not being good at it the first time around?
- What can I do to push myself to put perfectionism on the shelf and try something?
I’ll leave you with this: if you let perfectionism stop you from trying or doing, there’s a whole world that is left undiscovered. Go discover and explore! I’ll meet you on the way and we can psych each other up when perfectionism rears its head.
2023 Previous Mandala of the Month Prints:
- April 2023 with the affirmation: Soften.
- May 2023 with the affirmation: Challenge Yourself.
- June 2023 with the affirmation: Have the grace to meet yourself where you are.
- July 2023, with the affirmation of “Let Go”.
- August 2023, with the affirmation of “Even if you’re ‘late’, just start”.
- September 2023, with the affirmation “Emerge”
How to use a mandala of the month print:
Print it in your favorite size and use! Have fun and be creative!
- Stick it in your journal with goals for the new month or reflect back on the month. When reflecting include a gratitude practice and a release practice to let go on anything that didn’t serve you so as to make room for the new.
- Stick it on your wall to remind you of what you’d like to call into for the new month. What’s your word of the month, what are you manifesting, etc.
- Keep it in your sacred space for something pretty dedicated to the new month.
- Take it a step further and pair it with crystals to create a crystal grid for your new month.
My favorite way to use these: I print mine in an A5 size to cut out and stick into my journal. Currently I am using it to reflect back on the month: things I’ve learnt, places I’d like to soften into for my mental health, and what I want to call into for the new month.
More about the Prints:
Mandalas of the month are uploaded within the first half of the new month and includes a watercolour print to use in your sacred soul work + a colouring print to express your creativity.
This Instant Digital Download includes high resolution .pdf pages of an individual drawing for coloring and/or artwork purposes. My watermark will not be visible on the downloaded file. This listing is an INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD, no crystals/items are included and no print is mailed.
- 1x A4 print (.pdf document) ready for you to print and use.
You cannot resell/barter/trade/gift/transfer the digital files or printed copies to any third party. You may NOT claim the design as your own, even after colouring or alteration. And you may NOT create something with my art and sell/resell it on another website. All images are under copyright protection and all SGCrystalHealing digital prints remain the intellectual property of Siobhan Gouws. I put a lot of energy and love into my mandalas. Respect that. No refunds on Digital Downloads. If there is a problem, please email me and I shall do my best to help you!
* Clipboard mockup design from www.mockupscene.co.za *